Silverton's 9th Annual Skijoring Race Times Are At "High Noon"
Click here to Download and Print 2018 Skijoring Rules.
February 17th and 18th, 2018 on Notorious Blair Street
2018 Silverton Skijoring Rules:
Safety for Horses, Skiers and Riders is the highest priority. The event can be discontinued at any time by the judges for unsafe conditions. Refunds will be given if possible due to a discontinued event but are not guaranteed.
- $50.00 cash per day per participant (2 runs per day per registration fee)).
- Registration for Saturday or Sunday or Both Days- previous winners must register in proper division. A win, place or show in either novice or sport will result in horse being bumped up to the next level based on horse time. If horse run time is faster than the average speed in a higher class, regardless of penalties incurred by skier, horse will be bumped up to the next level. Judge's decision are final.
- Skier must finish course and cross finish line or team will be disqualified.
- Skier must cross finish line in upright positions and on at least one ski, with rope in hand when crossing finish line. Both skier boots must cross the finish line.
- Skier must use stick to collect rings - each dropped ring will add 1 second to time.
- 5 seconds will be added to final run time for each missed gate or missed jump.
- 1 second will be added for dropped stick.
- Skiers may only ski in one division.
- Decisions of Judges are FINAL.
- Starters or Vet may disqualify a horse/rider/skier at any time for safety reasons.
- Participants will be disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- If skier wants a tow/ride back to the start they must continue to the pickup area past the finish line to meet snowmobile.
- Each horse may run twice a day. One match and one draw in their class. Riders may enter multiple horses with additional entry fees. Horses may only run in one class. Horse and skier may only participate as team once per day and skiers may only ski in one class. Skiers may run in up to 4 races per day, 2 match and 2 draw, with additional registration fee.
- First run each day will be matched team, second run will be determined by random draw- if previously matched team is drawn it will be re-drawn.
- If Skier does not trip time clock and does not make it past the starting area the team may have another run. If course is completed but the Skier did not trip the time clock it will result in a DQ.
- Skier starts the clock by skiing over the starting line ramp and completes the time by skiing over the finish line ramp.
THIS ENTIRE EVENT IS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS - please treat them with respect.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation.
Please remember this is a "dog-free event".
Dogs and horses simply do not mix at this type of event.
Copyright © 2010-2017 by Silverton Skijoring. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Powered By Silverton Web Works.